Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 5:39PM
Five of our favourites about Cyprus and travel we stumbled upon this week:
- We liked Vagabondish's article '4 Ways to be a Traveler, Not a Tourist'. Swot up before you travel, slow up and savour your experiences whilst there, meet the locals and relish the local culture - sage advice to making the most out of whichever destination you travel to.
- Monarch demonstrate the pulling power of Larnaca, with holiday bookings to the area up 11% on summer 2009.
- Ian and Mandy from Aradippou Tales show how gorgeous Cypriot gardens are looking with a lovely shot of Bougainvillea tumbling over the wall of a local residence.
- Skyscanner's recent survey, as reported in a recent Guardian article, illustrates the cost-effectiveness of holidaying in Cyprus, showing Cyprus to be the cheapest destination overall. Their article takes price comparison a step further by including the prices of other typical purchases such as meals, beer and car hire. Just goes to show that it all adds up!
- 30 years ago, the Zenobia sank in Larnaca Bay on her maiden voyage. The wreck is now a well-known attraction for divers. See this short but sweet footage from a recent diver: